Wednesday, January 5, 2011
21 Quotes on Truth
1. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- Mark Twain
2. If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
– Albert Einstein
3. Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
- Albert Einstein
4. It takes two to speak truth — one to speak, and another to hear.
– Henry David Thoreau
5. Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.
– Mahatma Gandhi
6. In order that all men may be taught to speak truth, it is necessary that all likewise should learn to hear it.
– Samuel Johnson
7. Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
– Oscar Wilde
8. You never find yourself until you face the truth.
– Pearl Bailey
9. If you want your dreams to come true, don’t sleep.
– Yiddish Proverb
10. Never assume the obvious is true.
– William Safire
11. It’s no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
– Mark Twain
12. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
– Winston Churchill
13. When something important is going on, silence is a lie.
– A.M. Rosenthal
14. I want everyone to tell me the truth, even if it costs him his job.
– Samuel Goldwyn
15. If any man seeks for greatness, let him forget greatness and ask for truth, and he will find both.
– Horace Mann
16. My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world.
– Muhammad Ali
17. Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper.
– Kahil Gibran
18. The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
– Oscar Wilde
19. The truth told with bad intent Beats all the lies you can invent.
– William Blake
20. Bad taste is simply saying the truth before it should be said.
– Mel Brooks
21. The truth is more important than the facts.
– Frank Lloyd Wright
I would like to thank the men at all-swagga